Sunday, January 25, 2009

Flohmarkt am Mauerpark





Today Karla, Raul, Marisol and I went to the the flea market. Actually I ended up going to three; which kind of tires me out on the topic. Something's changed for me in the past year, I'm not as interested in buying random junk or even looking at random junk. Aversion to junking is probably not going to harm me in the future. But for today, it was a lot of fun. Here are some photos: One of a massive dishes seller - A lot of the sellers are Turkish - and one of a spices seller (I bought "Arabisch Gewürtz" and cardamom from him) - and one of a hat seller who may have also been the hat designer - and one of a general junk seller who happened to have doll parts in great number. I'd considered buying some of them (random junk) but then decided only to take a photo, for which she chased me for a block and chewed me out. I pretended I didn't speak German. Weenie me.

2 comments:

Inksu said...

I know these pictures were taken some time ago, but do you happen to know the name of the hat designer, or the "brand" of the hats? I had one of those hats but lost it, and now I would really like a new one. I found this picture just by luck...

Caroline Anderson said...

Oh sorry! IT's a great picture but I don't remember the name of the vendor...